Encore Performances, Connecting with Friends of GBA - Eric Kaufmann
Our Host and Guest
Eric Kaufmann has been coaching and training leaders and executives since 2000. His earliest lessons in leadership and coaching, though, were in the water, not in the office – he was a Scuba Diving Instructor in his college days. It’s there that he refined the ability to organize and influence people to learn new skills, work together, venture into the unknown, and have fun in a process that can also be dangerous.
20 years ago Eric left his corporate role as a marketing Director at Corning Clinical Labs to establish an executive development consultancy, and work with leaders to think more creatively, decide more effectively, and relate more wholeheartedly. In fact, he describes his work as an unrelenting commitment to results with an unyielding regard for the human spirit. His clients include Facebook, Verizon, Sony, Dr. Bronner’s, Sunpower Corporation, Navitas Organics, and Petco.
Eric is the author of Four Virtues of a Leader. He’s also a Fellow and an official Thought Leader at Harvard’s Institute of Coaching, a former Vistage Chair and Speaker, and a speaker for TEDx.
Topics for discussion include:
- How to keep going in tough times like we are in right now? [min 03:22]
- The importance of “Grit” in 2020 ? [min 06:45]
- Reminder of the value of meditation, especially during these times. [min 12:19]
- The silver lining in all of this is …….? [min 16:52]
- What are you doing these days now that you are not having to travel? [min 20:55]
- Where can people get copies of our book (erickaufmann.com, The Four Virtues of a Leader: Navigating the Hero's Journey Through Risk to Results (Book))? [min 24:00]
- What message would you like to leave with us? [min 25:35]
- Connect with Eric Kaufmann: LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
- Visit the GBA Website at https://www.geoprofessional.org for more information resources or to become a member.
- Visit the GBA Website for training resources and reference material for professional development.
- Visit https://www.gbapodcast.com for future Podcast Episodes
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any podcast-related questions or comments
This episode was produced by the following GBA Members: