#07 - Encore Performances - Brent Gleeson
September 1st, 2020
28 mins 29 secs
About this Episode
Encore Perfromances, Connecting with Friends of GBA - Brent Gleeson
Our Host and Guest
Joel Carson host and GBA Executive Director – Link to Profile
Brent Gleeson is a Navy SEAL combat veteran with combat tours to Iraq and Africa. Upon leaving SEAL Team 5, Brent turned his discipline and battlefield lessons to the world of business and has become an award-winning entrepreneur, bestselling author, and acclaimed speaker and consultant on topics ranging from leadership and building high-performance teams to culture and organizational transformation.
Brent is the Founder and CEO of TakingPoint Leadership, a progressive leadership and management consulting firm with a focus on business transformation and building high-performance cultures. Brent holds a degree in finance with a minor in economics from Southern Methodist University, certificates in English and History from Oxford University in England and a graduate business degree from the University of San Diego. He is the bestselling author of TakingPoint: A Navy SEAL’s 10 Fail Safe Principles for Leading Through Change, which was a #1 New Release on Amazon in Organizational Change and Business Structural Adjustment. Please help me welcome Brent Gleeson.
Topics for discussion include:
- What is the impmortance of company culture? [min 3:55]
- What should leaders do to improve employee engagement? [min 7:20]
- The importance of personal accountability? Advice for leaders. [min 13:15]
- The silver lining in all of this is …….? [min 15:44]
- What are you focusing on now that you're not traveling as much? [min 21:45]
- takingpointleadership.com (website) [min 26:04]
- Taking Point (book)
- Embrace the Suck (book)
- David Goggins (wikipedia)
- David Goggins (Instagram)
- Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins (book)
- Connect with Brent Gleeson: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn | Website
- Visit the GBA Website at https://www.geoprofessional.org for more information resources or to become a member.
- Visit the GBA Website for training resources and reference material for professional development.
- Visit https://www.gbapodcast.com for future Podcast Episodes
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any podcast-related questions or comments
This episode was produced by the following GBA Members:
- Ryan White, PE, GE – Principle/Geotechnical Engineering Group Manger/PBS Engineering and Environmental
- Tiffany Vorhies, NACE CIP-2 – Chief Consultant/SME
- Donald K. Blackburn, MBA – Business Manager/Blackburn Consulting
- Shawn Leyva, PE – Associate Senior Engineer/Crawford & Associates